The Solution - Decluttering
What options do you have?
You Could Do it Yourself
- This is a perfectly valid option. If finances are really tight, this may be the only choice open to you. You could get some books out of the library, and learn as you go.
- But it can be confusing – all the experts have their own pet theories and systems, which seem to conflict with each other.
- It can also be very slow. It took you a long time to get into this mess, and working by yourself, it will take a long time to get out of it.
- You could plug away at it over weeks, and months, and years, and get there eventually.
- But is this really the way you want to spend your free time?
You Could Get Your Friends or Family to Help
- They could be helpful. On the other hand, they may not be much better at clearing clutter than you are.
- They might see your request as an invitation to "take charge".
- Friends and family often have their own agendas for your stuff.
- Instead of working with you on YOUR priorities, they may try to bulldoze you into parting with cherished possessions, not understanding how important they are to you.
You Could Do Nothing
- Not a good option.
- If you don't do something about it, the whole situation will keep getting worse.
- It will keep driving you crazy.
- And the longer you leave it, the more work it will take to put it right.
- It's simple. Just contact me, Linda
- I'll get back to you within 24 hours, and well discuss your needs and priorities, and determine whether your needs and my skills are a good fit.
- I'll answer any questions you may have.
- Once we've made our appointment, there's nothing more for you to do until the big day.
- You don't even need to tidy up before I arrive. In fact, it'll work better if you don't – I'll be able to see more clearly where the clutter is piling up.
- When I come to you, we'll look at the space together and finalise our plan of attack.
- Then we'll get started. We'll work as a team and cut through the clutter at least twice as fast.
- It'll be much easier and more fun with an extra pair of hands to lighten the load, and someone to talk to.
- A personalised service, tailored to your individual needs. The focus is on you, and what's important to you – your goals, your priorities, your life.
- A visible improvement.
- The clarity of an outside, objective point of view. I have no personal agenda. I just want you to be pleased with the results.
- A friendly face, a listening ear, encouragement, and empathy.
- Coaching to help you find your direction, get your life back on track, and move forward.
- Help to keep your focus and work more effectively.
- Moral support and pertinent questions to help you with difficult decisions.
- Ideas of what to do and how to go about it.
- Clutter control – simple skills, systems, and habits to empower you to stay clutter-free.
When it's done, you'll feel so much better about yourself and your life.
And if you wish, we can schedule regular follow-up visits to make sure you stay in control.