In any clutter situation, there are many contributing factors. Your challenge may be caused by a combination of :
- Being organised doesn't necessarily come naturally to you.
- You're quite capable of doing it once you get going, but you don't know where to start.
- You're someone who struggles to work alone. You work so much better when there's someone to talk to.
- You're a creative person who gets bored crazy by all the little details of life. Or you're just not a details person.
- There are just too many changes happening in your life right now, and they're coming too fast for you – or anyone – to handle.
- Your life has changed – again – and suddenly your rooms need to be used in quite different ways.
- A traumatic experience has derailed your life, and you've lost your way.
- Someone died and left you with an extra house-load of appliances, furniture, crockery and linen – and you don't know what to do with it all.
- You're re-entering the workforce and you need to simplify and streamline your life.
- A new job is taking up all your time and energy, and bits & pieces have piled up everywhere.
- Too much work. You can barely keep up, let alone tidy up. And birthdays and Christmas feel like the last straw.
- You're expecting a baby – and working right up till the last minute.
- A new baby is taking up all your time and energy, and your house looks like a bomb-site.
- Your comparatively easy baby has suddenly become mobile, and you need to toddler-proof your house urgently.
- Your adult children have come back to live with you, and your home is bulging at the seams.
- Your adult children have left home but haven't taken their gear with them.
- Your mother-in-law's coming to stay. You need your junk-room transformed into a guest-room – fast. You need to appear competent and in control.
- You're putting your house on the market, but you know it'd sell faster if it looked more spacious.
- You're moving house, and you don't want to take all that stuff to the new place.
- You're downsizing to a smaller home or retirement village, and you need to purge your possessions.
- You need help with the packing before you move.
- You need help with the unpacking after you've moved. You're struggling to find homes for all your things.
- You've just moved house, and gone straight back to work with no time to unpack.